Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Finding Peace through Fertility Treatment

Up to this point, most of you have traveled with me throughout my fertile journey. I've had some very good days, and some very desperate days. I recently just came home from a week away from my husband and two step-kids. I boarded a plan early Monday morning and flew to Albuquerque, NM. To me, this is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I love it there.


While I had the chance to see some of my family, I had the special privilege in caring for my two beautiful nieces, ages 4 and 7. This was a big change for me since my two step-kids are 10 and 13 and very much boys. It was fun for me to play tea party, dress up, and see dresses and frills in every corner of the house.

At some point during the week, I came to the conclusion that throughout this journey, I felt like I have been slipping away slowly from myself and not fully enjoying the life that God has given me. For those of us who go through major life journeys, such as fertility treatment, it can be overwhelming to the point where we need to step away and re-center our hearts on God.

I was able to do that.

I was reminded that life isn't just about overcoming my diagnosis, it's about enjoying the process and loving my husband and family to bits and pieces in the midst of my journey. My husband is the core of all things good in my life. If it wasn't for him, I would have no idea where I'd be at nearly 29 years old. He is so supportive and encouraging, and our love is deep, unconditional, and firm. God gave me this man, entrusted his heart to me, and allowed me to be an insta-mom to his two beautiful sons. It's because of those things, that I so desperately want to bring a little bundle of joy into this world. Part God, Part of my Husband, and Part of me. The evidence of our love and bond.

My encouragement for anyone struggling to see the hope and joy from day to day during your journey, is to remind yourself of the good things. Remind yourself of the core of who you are, who you have in your life, and choose to celebrate them.

My husband and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage next week, and I could not be more grateful to have him by my side. I know that God will fulfill his promise to us in due time. I know i'll have more desperate days then good days, probably. But my hope is still found in the LORD. It is not by my hands, or mans hands, or doctors, or schools, or medicines, or treatments, that our miracle will appear. It will be at the hands of the creator, who brings forth life with purpose.

Always remember His Promises. They've done well for us in the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment